Friday, August 18, 2017

2017 CSA Week 11: Celery?

This week is going to be a tough one. 

Carrots
Celery
Sweet onion
Summer squash (1 zucchini; 2 patty pan)
Cucumber (2)
Pipicha
Lettuce
Tomatoes (6)
Rainbow chard

Last week we managed to use a lot of the herbs by making a mediocre chicken dish in our Instant Pot (and I will detail why I hate the Instant Pot in a post in the near future - I do not recommend you get one), but I'm pretty much stumped about this week's basket.

The carrots and cucumbers I will eat with lunch. Maybe some of those tomatoes, too.  I want to make zucchini bread and I think I'll call dibs on that zuke for that. The lettuce is up to Dr. BB. We'll make an egg dish with the chard. And then I'm out.

We still have onions in the fridge from other weeks. Celery is disgusting. It's also the first time our farmers have grown it and I'm definitely making a note to tell them in the end of year survey that if we never get celery again it will be completely fine with me.  We got papicha earlier this year and never used it, so I don't know how that's going to change. 
I don't know. I think I'm just sort of giving up on the CSA this year. I'm no good at vegetable using, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. This is 100% why I could never do a CSA. I am just too picky about vegetables (which is not saying YOU are, you use up way more items than I would) to have no say in what they are each week.

    I am resisting the urge to tell you about all the great ways you can cook zucchini. But if you want any ideas, hit me up.

    ReplyDelete