- We're actually going to stockpile the garlic and onions. I did manage to get rid of a giant bag of them when I was in Michigan last weekend, so we don't have an unreasonable number right now.
- The lettuce is the best we've had in weeks. I don't usually eat lettuce, aside from an occasional leaf in my tacos, but I might make some chicken Caesar salad for lunches over the weekend.
- I'm going to use the leeks, along with last week's leeks, in a giant pot of potato leek soup.
- The sweet potatoes won't last long around here. I'm undecided about whether or not I should make a sweet potato casserole or just roast them to eat as dinner sides. We'll see.
- I'll eat the green peppers and carrots raw with lunches.
- I still have most of the giant diakon radish from week 17, but they will keep until February or March if needed. I use them mostly in a slaw that I will attempt to make with this cabbage. This is an unusual type of cabbage, so I don't know if it will be successful, but there you have it. The rest of the daikons (and the remaining beauty heart radishes from last week) will slowly get eaten raw.
- We have a butternut squash still from week 17 and I think we'll do a squash risotto with sage.