Friday, October 14, 2016

2016 CSA Week 18: Bulbs!

This week is definitely an autumnal harvest.

Onions
Garlic
Romanesco
Beauty heart radish (3)
Kohlrabi 
Leeks (2)
Green peppers (4)
Baby ginger

We only have a couple weeks of CSA season left! And then what will I eat?!  The weather is turning cooler, the trees are starting to yellow, and today was maybe the last day I'll walk to go get vegetables without wearing a jacket.




  • I have left over cabbage from the slaw I made last week, so I'll include some of the radishes and the kohlrabi in another batch of slaw.
  • The carrots and peppers will be eaten raw with my lunches.
  • The romanesco is a cross between cauliflower and broccoli and we'll probably just roast it as a side with dinner one night.
  • I'm going make a potato leek soup with those leeks. I'm actually going to try a new recipe in the slow cooker.






No comments:

Post a Comment