Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Vexillology 101 - 99% Invisible on TED

I don't think I've ever made it a secret that I adore the Chicago city flag. But I think I have failed to explain exactly why I'm so crazy about it.  It has to do with Roman Mars. It strikes me as odd that the only mention of the podcast 99% Invisible on this blog is from almost three years ago, but what can I say? I can't tell you my every thought. ANYWAY. Roman Mars is obsessed with flag design and talks about it pretty regularly on his show. Start here and here. And one thing Roman Mars and I agree on is that Chicago's city flag is awesome. 

I came home from work today and I was sort of down. Traffic was bad, I was tired, and the cat wasn't going to feed herself, you know? So I watched the TED Talk that Roman Mars gave about flag design. And it made me happy.

So go forth and spend 18.5 minutes of your time watching Roman Mars, listening to his sexy voice, and thinking about how very much he looks like my husband.  It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment