Thursday, September 03, 2015

CSA: Week 13

This week's basket is pretty awesome:
Personal watermelon
Delicata squash (1)
Red Italian peppers (3)
Cherry tomatoes
Rainbow chard
Carrots
Eggplant (2)
Onions (which I put in someone else's basket)
Cilantro (which I promptly threw away after I took this photo - I thought it was parsley or I would have put it in someone else's basket, too)

My goal for right now is just to make it through THIS week and not worry about the beets still sitting in our fridge from last week. The beets may end up getting the best of me. I don't want to freeze them to use in stock, I don't really relish the idea of roasting them in this hot weather, and I don't really like beets. But. I shall worry about that sometime that is not now.
  • I'm going to eat the watermelon for breakfast. Probably next Tuesday, if you want specific details on that.
  • The tomatoes, carrots, and peppers will be eaten in my lunches next week. And maybe tomorrow, too.
  • I'm going to try baking the eggplant in the style my friends from Turkey say is delicious. We'll see.
  • The rainbow chard will inevitably be used in a frittata because that's how we do it in our house.
  • We'll bake the squash and melt some Parmesan on it and then fight over who has the bigger half. Delicata is maybe my favorite of the winter squashes.
  • Um. I threw away the cilantro. Please don't hate me. 
Unrelated cat picture because I want you to see how adorable her belly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment