Kohlrabi bulb (and greens)
Since the last five items on the list are exactly the same as last week and the kale has been replaced by the chard, I think our game plan for using the box should be about the same as it was last week.
- Kohlrabi bulb: slice and eat raw with lunch today.
- Turnips: slice and eat raw for lunch tomorrow.
- Spinach or turnip/kohlrabi greens: saute with scallions, add feta and black olives, serve with dinner today and tomorrow
- Rainbow chard: I'll be home next Thursday night and we'll make a frittata with it for dinner (and probably have leftovers for lunch on Friday)
- Pea shoots: Just like last week, Dr. BB will put them on sandwiches. Unlike last week, there are too many for just that, so we're going to have to figure out some additional purpose.
- The bok choy and green garlic are problematic. We've yet to make a successful bok choy recipe. I'm going to leave those up to Dr. BB to figure out.
|I love kohlrabi so much.|