Wednesday, February 11, 2015

9.11 The Great Outdoors - Lower (or Higher)

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eleventh day of each month is "The Great Outdoors."
****************************
When the sun doesn't shine, when the wind chills are below zero, when the only option is long underwear, a long parka, and a red nose - those are the times you can get a picture like this. During the non-winter months, there would be students everywhere in this scene: walking to the union or library, sitting on the grass reading, or tossing a football back and forth.  But this is the time of year for peacefulness.
I cut my thumb two days ago and it wouldn't stop bleeding so I went to an urgent care clinic yesterday morning and now my thumb is wrapped in a ginormous blue bandage and it makes me laugh every time I look it.  

We ordered a couch last weekend and decided that we would get Zelda the Cat a cat tree before the couch arrived so she could get attached to the cat tree and get all territorial over that instead of the new couch. The cat tree arrived two days ago and the first part of the plan has worked. Zelda loves that thing.  We'll see if the couch survives the cat when it gets delivered.

And, in other news of no interest to anyone but me, the guy at the dealership quoted us almost $500 to fix the radio in the car. I don't know if I can stomach that price. Maybe the sound system working 50% of the time is really okay with me. I just bought a new couch and a cat tree after all.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment