Sunday, February 01, 2015

9.1 Detour - Another Candy Store

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the first day of each month is "Detour."
****************************
I've shared my addiction to candy stores here before. Candy stores are magically colorful places, with bins overflowing with sugar and deliciousness, and they remind me that food isn't always a stressful compromise of healthiness and time saving strategies.  I love a busy candy store with jellybeans rolling out of the Jelly Belly bins along the wall, kids gazing up at those giant jawbreakers, and bucket after bucket of bulk candy.
Yesterday I had a weird schedule, with a sewing class sandwiched in between two tutoring students and a two hour break I had given myself for lunch. Since lunch took all of about twenty-five minutes (a delicious shawarma plate at the Mediterranean Cafe), I wandered up and down State Street, window shopping at the fancy soap store, the weird kind of but not really craft store, and took the time to read all the plaques at the Peace Park.

Next time I'm going to actually buy something.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment