Monday, December 29, 2014

7.29 Music - Whiskey Before Breakfast

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-ninth day of each month is "Music."
****************************
This is the song that will make me remember this past three months. At every second, he's playing it. He started slowly, one bar at a time, and before I even realized it, he was playing entire lines at full speed. It's amazing watching him develop the skill.
I bought one CD all year long - Taylor Swift's 1989.  But I bought lots of individual songs, mostly to complete my Grand Ole Opry playlist. 
Maybe next year I'll be better. I listen to the radio instead of podcasts. I'll go to more live music events. I'll take a lesson or two in an instrument and become proficient.  I'll make a playlist every month to remind me of the soundtrack of my life.

Or maybe I won't. Music just isn't a priority for me anymore. I want to become a better seamstress, a better teacher, and listen to the entire back catalog of Ask Me Another. I want to see my family regularly, read until midnight, and teach my cat to put her toys in her toybox.

And when music seeps into my life, I want it to mean something, not be just another chore on my list.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment