Thursday, December 11, 2014

7.11 The Great Outdoors - Middle of a Corn Field

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eleventh day of each month is "The Great Outdoors."
****************************
22 degrees and suddenly I can see why Bestest Friend doesn't like this prompt so much. I bundle up and head out to the backyard to take pictures of the corn field. I'm wearing my Cole Haan boots, so I consider it a miracle I didn't break my neck crawling into the field.

This is what it looks like here right now. Endless landscapes of brown and grey, with awesome sunrises and sunsets when the clouds don't take over.  Thankfully there occasional bits of holiday lighting, too.
The boy had a UPS delivery for today. It was the third attempt - the "if you aren't home to pick it up we're sending it back or taking it to a warehouse 45 miles from your house" attempt - and the previous notification said the delivery would take place between 2 and 5. We got home at 2:12 and saw the delivery slip.

Curses were uttered.
Student: You and Dr. BB are so hip and cool. You're always so well dressed and your offices are cool. You're just the cutest couple. I saw you both walking together and I just thought you looked great together.

Me: Uh. Thanks? We're also pretty good at our jobs.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment