Sunday, November 16, 2014

6.16 Beauty - First Snow

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the sixteenth day of each month is "Beauty."
****************************
Last night, I looked outside while I was taking the litter out (it goes to a dumpster in our attached garage) and saw a beautiful nighttime scene of snowflakes falling on a quiet neighborhood illuminated by orange lights from lamposts, a fraction of an inch accumulation on the ground, and  and just as I was turning around to continue with my errand, I heard it.  The sound of metal against metal as someone crashed their car into something (another car? a sign? the curb? a building?).

Welcome to winter.
The result of this snow is actual beauty.  The trees are covered, the ugly brown of the dead grass is covered by a fresh coat of white, and it looks crisp and sparkling out there. But I can only admit that because we have not had to leave our apartment all weekend long. In the safety of our nice warm house, I feel confident in saying that the snow looks lovely. When I have to scrape the car off after work tomorrow, it's possible I will be singing an entirely different tune.

(This photo? Is a bush right outside our door. I did not go any further than about five steps into the snow.)
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment