Friday, October 10, 2014

5.10 Work - From Home

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the tenth day of each month is "Work."
****************************
This is what it looked this morning when I was grading some assignments for my Research Methods class. I considered cropping out the mess that is my bookcase, but you know what? This is my real life. My bookcase is out of control, it was fifty-eight degrees in our home office at the moment I took this photo, so I had a fleece blanket wrapped around me, and my desk is about a foot shorter than I would really like it to be to be a useable work space.
The pompom already made an appearance on the blog last week!
And then our fucking smoke detector kept beeping. At first it was about once every ten minutes. I thought I could handle it until the boy got home. Then it was once a minute. I got out the stool, twisted the fool thing off, pressed buttons, and gave up. I emailed the boy (my phone was still in the shop), he called our resident manager, and then the resident manager came to fix it.  Meanwhile, the cat was glaring at me whenever she could be convinced to come out from behind the washer. 

(You don't care, but the resident manager couldn't fix it either. He disconnected it and told me the "real maintenance guy" would be here on Monday to fix it.)

Next week I'm not staying home to work on Friday.
****************************
 To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment