Tuesday, September 09, 2014

4.9 Color - Yellow

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the ninth day of each month is "Color."
****************************
Campus is alive again, with students streaming between buildings during passing time, long lines at the bookstore, and lots of chalk on the sidewalk with pleas to attend various events and activities. There's also a surprising lack of maintenance to the peeling paint on the fire hydrants. I know a guy whose Eagle Scout project was to paint all the hydrants in a town and I always thought that was a rather ridiculous project, but maybe it's more needed than I originally thought. Anyway, the campus is impeccably groomed and I found myself riveted by the anomalous ramshackle nature of the rustiness here.





The flowers are in their last gasp of summer.  I am kind of looking forward to fall with the crispness in the air, the apple cider readily available, and the corn mazes, but I'm less looking forward to what happens after that initial burst of cold weather excitement and there's nothing but months of dreariness and grey skies to look forward to. So when I struggled to find even two flowers next to each other that were beautiful and perfect without petals falling off, it was bittersweet.

****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment