Friday, September 05, 2014

4.5 Fun - Games in the Backyard

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fifth day of each month is "Fun."
****************************
The annual Labor Day tradition includes two tournaments - ladder golf and bags (other folks call this cornhole, corn toss, bean bag, or bean toss, but our family calls it bags).  One of the cousins is in charge of setting this up and creating brackets and making any rulings on tough calls. We call him The Commish and spend a great deal of time teasing him about his "power."

I've never made it past the initial round of any of the backyard games - it turns out that I am crappy at just about any physical endeavor - but I play mean games of  charades and Trivial Pursuit. Folks may groan when I'm on their bags team, but I am fought over when Taboo comes out.


It doesn't help that we play on this awful set with the freaking Bears logo on it. The Lions fan in my revolts at the idea of playing with the blue and orange, but I do kind of love it when a bag lands directly on the logo. Thud. It feels good. Almost like I have single-handedly defeated Chicago.


****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment