Saturday, September 27, 2014

4.27 Media - Puppet Show

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-seventh day of each month is "Media."
****************************
I walked up State Street, spending a small fortune in hosiery at American Apparel and small bottles of unguents and salves at Sephora, when I stumbled on this scene.
This puppet was doing absolutely nothing more than dancing to some music and calling out hello to the children walking by. Kids were riveted and kept responding hello back to the puppet. It was refreshingly low tech and charming. People burst into spontaneous applause (how do I know this? I watched for twenty minutes, of course) and stood next to the puppet to get their photos taken.
Nothing radical happened on my train ride today. A seemingly mentally ill fellow stood on the platform randomly shouting obscenities, a couple was doing some seriously suspect making out on the 6:30am Saturday morning red line, and I eavesdropped on a couple throwing some serious shade on some folks who I could only imagine were on another train saying equally rude things about the two sitting next to me.
Post office boxes. Because I wander into post offices and libraries wherever I am.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment