Thursday, August 14, 2014

3.14 Reach - Period

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fourteenth day of each month is "Reach."
****************************
When my husband signs a greeting card to someone he likes, he puts an exclamation point after his name.  He does this in a gentle mocking of my tendency to write things like:

(replica of a card I just put in the mail this week)
Dear Aunt Jean,
Hi. How are you? We're doing awesome here! I'm super busy with tutoring and getting ready for school and Dr. BB is working on syllabi for next semester and is practicing his guitar every day!!!  I heard Uncle Dick and Audrey got married FINALLY!!!  I bet that was exciting for everybody!!

Anyway, happy birthday!! I hope you had an awesome celebration! You are always in our thoughts!

Love, NGS

So then Dr. BB comes along, sees my many exclamation points, and rolls his eyes as he signs his name with the correct (teasing) punctuation. 

So when my newly turned five year old nephew drew us a picture and it arrived in the mail signed like this
we knew that it was because he desperately wants to be like his Uncle BB.

I know that he is developmentally right on for his age, but I like to think he's a genius.  That's it, O, just keep reaching for the stars - you're Aunt NGS's inspiration today!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment