Friday, July 04, 2014

2.4 Place - USA! USA! USA!

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fourth day of each month is "Place."
***************************
Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans and happy random Friday in July to everyone else!


In my experience, the Fourth of July holiday has always meant a carnival, a parade, and contemplating the damage we’re doing to the environment as I watch explosives over a large body of water.  I can’t say as I would do much to change that, although perhaps I would also add “eating an elephant ear” (I can’t seem to find elephant ears now that I’m an adult – it’s all funnel cakes now and I think we can all agree that a funnel cake is just not as good).  

We contemplated being the awesome aunt and uncle who bring sparklers for the little kids, but my mother-in-law convinced my husband that perhaps that might be a little too advanced for the two-year old. What does she know?



Have a great, safe holiday or not so holiday weekend, everyone!
 

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment