Monday, June 02, 2014

May Books

Reality Boy by A.S. King (library book) - I think this book touched on an important topic. What is going to become of the kids we already know so much about - the kids on reality shows like Wife Swap and Super Nanny, the kids whose day to day lives are chronicled in the smallest of details on popular mommy blogs like Dooce and Enjoying the Small Things, or the kids who literally see themselves as the most important things in the world because something their parents posted on Facebook went viral.  But this book just didn't grab me. I got that Gerald, the main character, was angry.  Very, very angry.  But that's about all I got. I was let down by this book.

Teardrop by Lauren Kate (library book) -  I read this book for about two weeks and only got halfway through. You should definitely not read this.

Smiles to Go by Jerry Spinelli (library book) - I've liked Spinelli's books in the past, especially Stargirl. This one just didn't do it for me, though. 


 Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (library book) - Also known as the other book from the author of The Time Traveler's Wife, Her Fearful Symmetry has been on my library list for quite some time.  This book seems to be quite divisive, but I'm going to go all in on it. I couldn't put it down. There wasn't much of a plot until about two-thirds of the way through, and the plot that develops seems to be quite controversial if the Amazon reviews are anything to go by, but it was still a hit for me. I mean, what more could a girl want than a kitten, ghosts, and deep-rooted family secrets that weren't really secrets at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment