Sunday, June 08, 2014

1.8 Love - Anniversaries and Gold

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eighth day of each month is "Love."
***************************

When I stumbled out of bed on our sixth wedding anniversary at the end of last month, I opened the cabinet to get a class for my cranberry juice and found a wrapped box. It is unusual for us to give one another presents on our anniversary; normally we do something together like a trip or a fancy dinner out, so I was super surprised.

Inside the box I found these sapphire earrings.

He’s so thoughtful, my dear husband. He does the dishes every night. He brushes the cat every morning even when she tries to bite him. He says silly things just to make me laugh. He fills up the gas tank even when it’s my turn to. He has never failed to tell me how nice a new hair cut looks. He has never defenestrated me or the cat, despite our many failings.

Love is not a feeling; love is a series of tiny actions.

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment