Sunday, June 01, 2014

1.1 Detour - Mr. Forgetful Strikes Again

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the first day of each month is "Detour."
***************************

It's not mean to mention, for the dozenth time, that my husband is forgetful, is it? Last week he drove to a town fifteen miles away for the sole purpose of dropping off some pants at a tailor to get the pants hemmed and when he got to the shop, he realized that he had left the pants at home.

Imagine my non-surprise this morning when my husband mentioned that the jacket he wanted to wear to our niece's baptism was at his office. So before we began the two and a half hour drive to the church, we had to take a small detour to campus. It was a beautiful June day - sunny and eighty by 9:30 in the morning.  The parking lot was completely empty except for our car and the flags were loudly fluttering in the wind. As Dr. BB ran inside, I walked around, enjoying the sun on my skin and not even attempting to keep the wind from blowing up my skirt because, you know, there was nobody on campus except for the two of us.

I don't care that he's absentminded. I actually really love that part of my job as his wife is nag him a bit as he leaves the house each day (do you have your office key? lunch?  books? bike lock?) and that part of his job as my husband is to purposefully forget something at least once a week so that I can be useful to him. And sometimes, just like today, his forgetfulness leads to unexpected pleasure and happiness. 

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment