Monday, November 11, 2013

So How ARE You?

Do you ever just stop and wonder why things are so beautiful?


Or why your cat is so elastic?


Or why the sun hits the wall just so and makes you happy that it's one of the eleven days of sunshine that is predicted for the month? 


If not, then it's clear that you're not inside my head.

_________________________________________________________________

I don't know why things are so challenging for me right now.  The boys in Honolulu blue are number one in the NFC North.  My cat has taken a turn for the cute and now plays with us interactively instead of just hunting us.  We have two episodes of The Walking Dead to catch up on. My Christmas cactus is in full bloom.  Our vacuum cleaner stopped working and I took it to the Vac -n- Sew shop and it was repaired for less than $20.  I've been working out every day. 

Things are going well.  So before I go into pity party, I want to make that clear.

I am quite isolated.  I have two jobs, jobs that add up to more than a full-time job,  but jobs that require me to spend lots of time alone, working at home.  I love the flexibility that working from home provides, but I have just ratcheted up the number of resumes I am sending out on a regular basis because working at home also gives me the sads.  I need to talk to other people. I need to leave the house on a regular basis to do more than pick up toothpaste and cat food.  I need to wear something that has to be dry cleaned.  I need the immediate gratification of someone else telling me I have been productive and useful without having to wait. 

In the meantime, things are going well.  And, just because it needs to be said, GO LIONS!!


2 comments:

  1. It certainly seems as though things could be much worse. Time away from home is what kills me about working 9-5ish. I am falling woefully behind on my home projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely relate to being depressed by working from home! Yes, at first it's lovely to not have to look nice for anyone, but eventually, it's just depressing. Here's hoping we can both find new work soon.

    ReplyDelete