Monday, August 26, 2013

Five by Five - Traveling and Celebrating Edition

Weekend Event:  My sister got married. I ordered some cake toppers from a seller on Etsy (A Tiny Bit Marvelous - she's on maternity leave right now, but she'll be back) since finding cake toppers was one of my appointed jobs as matron of honor and I was sweating bullets because they didn't come in the mail until last Wednesday, the day I left home to travel back to my mom's house.  Whew. If they hadn't come in, I'm pretty sure you would currently be able to find my remains in the lake behind my sister's house.

Those cake toppers were awesome.

Miles Driven: My loose approximation is about 1,130. I will spare you the gory details, but I drove all around the state of Michigan.

Times Someone Asked If It Was Me and Dr. BB Getting Married: Twice. Awkward.

Inconvenient Technology Failure:  My Kindle screen froze on Thursday night. I was in a random hotel in a random state "sleeping" in a room with my mother (which is code for reading my Kindle under the covers with a book light while she snored loud enough to wake the dead) and my Kindle froze. Most of the time I would handle this by just going and getting a book off my bookshelf, but I DIDN'T HAVE ONE.  The damn thing still hasn't unfroze and it's out of warranty and I think I'm going to have to buy a new one.

Gratuitous Snapshot of ZZ Top: When I came home she sniffed and sniffed and sniffed me. She's my favorite four-legged creature of them all.

Zelda loves Bill Bryson, but found The Dark is Rising series to take itself a little too seriously. She's an excellent judge of all types of literature, this cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment