Thursday, May 29, 2008

A weird thing happened the other day

Last Friday, we had a dinner at a fantastic restaurant in Minneapolis. My whole family was there! So was Biker Boy's family! My sister was a bitch and made me cry. Biker Boy was a bit anxious that it was a bad sign of things to come.

Reverend Natalie talked me down from killing my sister. I woke up on Saturday and realized that at the end of the day, nothing my sister did or said would matter to me. Biker Boy said, "perfection is not our goal." He was right. Perfect was not our goal.

Everything was wonderful. Seriously. The weather cooperated. You don't believe me? I wore my sleeveless dress outside without a wrap all day and Biker Boy wore his suit all day without ever taking his jacket off. How did these things happen simultaneously, you ask? Well, it's because the weather was awesome.





Look! Pretty weather!! The grass is so green! Gosh, that's a pretty place to get married!

We put the flowers together in the morning. It was fun and kind of relaxing, you know? My favorite part was when we had to send BB out to get another dozen cream roses and when he came back he said, "I'm going to walk down the street carrying flowers every day. People were smiling at me."

Then we went to hair and make-up. Oh, the fun. I appreciate getting pampered.

We made it to Summit Manor for pictures on time. I'm proud that I was on time. I spent most of the weekend driving around in circles in St. Paul because it is conceivably the most confusing city in the universe, but we made it to the ceremony site on time!

Pictures. See Biker Boy in his suit for the first time. Pictures. Oh, you'd like to see some of these pictures? Well, so would I, frankly, but we're going to have to be patient. I'd post a snapshot or two, but I don't really have any of me and BB where one of us isn't blurry or frowny, so I don't want you to think we looked blurry and frowny, so no pictures for you!

Ceremony. This was as perfect as I could have ever hoped. It was so wonderful to see all our friends and family sitting there, the readings were wonderful, and Natalie did such a great job. We were proud that when she said, "by the power vested in me by the state of Minnesota," she didn't even flinch, especially since both BB and I laughed.

Everything was perfect and I swear I'll go into more details at a later date when I have fantastic pictures to illustrate every moment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment